buckhuntertrailcam

Troubleshoot LCD board

I have a problem with an  LCD board (SS), it fails to detect motion. I replaced the PIR but that did not fix the problem. I have checked all connectors etc. The S600 works fine outside the build. Thanks 

That may be something Gary can chime in on.

I actually have a couple old ones that do the same but haven't ever tried to fix them yet.  One will stay in walk test unless I turn it off in the settings but wont detect if walk test is off, the other wont detect motion after going in to stand by.  Its possible the PIR's may be going bad, I might try to reflow the solder on the PIR's just to see if that may be the problem. I know on some older stuff that works some of the time.

19 hours ago, buckhuntertrailcam said:

I have a problem with an  LCD board (SS), it fails to detect motion. I replaced the PIR but that did not fix the problem. I have checked all connectors etc. The S600 works fine outside the build. Thanks 

Does it detect motion in walk test mode?

Hey George, thanks for your reply. It was Gary who suggested I try a new PIR & he was kind enough to send me the one l tried but it didn't fix it unfortunately. Any other tests or suggestions will be greatly appreciated cheers .

22 minutes ago, buckhuntertrailcam said:

Hey George, thanks for your reply. It was Gary who suggested I try a new PIR & he was kind enough to send me the one l tried but it didn't fix it unfortunately. Any other tests or suggestions will be greatly appreciated cheers .

Ok, good, so we know the PIRs are new. Lets go to the next step.

Have you tested the camera hack wires manually by touching them to see if it powers on and shutters with the hack wires? If yes, lets go to next step.

Gary asked if it works in walktest, if it does, will the cam power on at all after walktest is over?

If it powers up but wont shutter, maybe it could be a timing issue with the cam not working in the build but works out side of the build.

Is the timing set correctly in the menu?  If I remember right, it will act as though the pir isnt working if the timing isnt set right in the menu so the cam wont fire.

Not sure what the s600 speed is but maybe adjust that setting to a slower timing and see if it fires with motion.

Edited by bulltalk.65

Thanks, leave it with me l am now in the studio for the day. I will get onto it later today and get back to you in the morning - which will be evening for you. 

13 hours ago, ghoot said:

Does it detect motion in walk test mode?

This is the board l got the PIR off of you a month or so back. I am going to have another look over it again after l finish work and l will post up here what it will and won't do.

Ok I have looked it over really carefully. When I power the board on with the camera in the build it comes up "camera refresh" the camera lights up the LCD screen the lens in and out then l get "ready". So that is all normal. With walk test on l try it does not work. With walk test on, on start up it still doesn't detect motion and if I turn both off it does not snap a picture. I have checked the kill switch it is ok. Any other suggestions? 

Hmm, maybe try reflowing the solder connections on the board.  Is this an old board?

8 hours ago, ghoot said:

Hmm, maybe try reflowing the solder connections on the board.  Is this an old board?

Yes l did resolder the connections, about a month or so ago when l was initially trouble shooting. It is the newer board as it has the new chip and it does not perform the "warming up 45 seconds".