Deer Logging Program

SS came up with a nice deer logging access program to track your deer sighting and deer kills for me and you can even add your game cam photo too.I have been using this for a while now.Works great.I have started a FTP server.If anybody is interested in this as I have other stuff as well.post here on your interest.Posted a pic of screenshot.You need a little knowledge of access,not hard to use.Thanks to SS for this............ :yes:The file is about 10 MB in size.

Edited by Vic

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind having that myself.

Send me a PM or email with a email address and I'll send it.Remember it is a large file,almost 10 mb.If your current ISP won't let that large of a file.Hotmail will allow that large of file to be sent.The new 250 MB storage,it's free. :cheers: Yahoo will also let that large of a file go through. :yes: :ThumbsUp:

Vic,can you FTP it to a server somewhere?

I probably can,but will need a username and password to connect to. :2cents:I can let you have access to my FTP if you want.Can give you a username and password,turn passive mode to OFF.Let me know,we can do something to get the file to you. :cheers:

Edited by Vic

To launch program :P

Edited by Vic

I can also mail it to anyone also............... :cool:

Sounds like a neat program. What does it track for you, besides time date.??

Edited; I just blew up the timbnail and got the info. Is this a stand alone program or is Access needed to run it ?

Edited by flyer05

It is an Access database program so you will need to have Access on your computer to be able to run it.

It's basically just a Deer Hunting Log database that I built for Vic. It's nothing fancy at all, very simple design. Users who know a little about Access can feel free to modify it, create customized reports, etc. for their own use.

You do not have to populate all fields, only the ones you want. I left the Notes field very large so people can add info or use it as a hunting diary.

It could use some more work. I'll probably make it a little fancier after hunting season :)

Vic, in the screenview you posted, be sure you click the "Deer Killed" box when you have harvest information. One of the reports uses that field to pull harvest info. Without it checked, that kill info will not show up on your harvest report.

Edited by SouthernStyle

The actual zipped file is only 7.27 MB according to my computer..... looks pretty cool, so far.. Good job SouthernStyle! :ThumbsUp:

oops, :doh: and thanks, Vic, for sending it.... :cheers:

Edited by headnurse69

Neat guys, Thanks :cheers:

I finally have a reason to open Access! Is there an easy way to only modify the fields that need changing each hunt or do you have to fill out the form from scratch each time? Looks good, I've been keeping these notes in a spiral note book.

Thanks for the program... I've always thought about keeping a log of hunts but never have.. this will give a reason to and also a reason to learn Access. :cheers: