sbishop

o-rings?

hi guys, I have a question!

I saw some pics of people's camera with o-rings(I think) over the hole's for the shutter and flash on the outside of the case? is this true? any pics?

Thanks

If what you saw was from the outside of the case then it was probably step-up rings that fit in a 1" hole and then the use of a UV filter for the glass. The filters can be purchased from hags online store and the step-ups are available through some of the members that may have them or a photography website or shop.

Link to Hags Topic on Step-Up rings

If what you saw was from the inside then it was probably a rubber washer with the center cut out to keep the flash from bleeding into the shutter hole and affecting the picture.

Edited by scriverb

I add orings to my cams but it is mostly just for looks. Seems to make the camera look a little cleaner sometimes.

Treetop, might have some step up rings to sell you. I got one from him.

I use the step up rings so that I can screw the uv filter right off for cleaning One end has 30 mm threads for the uv filter the other male end threads ar 26 mm which is 1.075 inches so I just drill a 1 inch hole for the shutter put a little goop on the male end and press it right in and after it dries screw the uv filter right on . works great and gives a neat finish .I still have a few i could sell but I am running low . I believe Hags ordered some also and he is going to have them in the store.Just PM me if you are interested in one ?? thanks ...treetop