knobby

10/22

any you peeps ever make/build one of those 'tweaked out' 10/22s ?

I have a 10/22 mag....i got bored the other day and ordered some pieces parts....it'll probly do more for its looks than its accuracy tho haha

gotnee pics?

Edited by knobby

looks pretty slick I have a 10/22 that is about 15 years old ....never thaught about modifing it :cheers: ....... :cool:

I have one I left at my place in Michigan that is all decked out with the folding stock (welded) and the muzzel break, flash suppressor, ect so it looks like an assult rifle. has 25 round clips and is all stainless.

it didnt seem to effect the accuracy at all, it still shoots very well.

Muddy... I am the wrong person to ask for advice haha I am a total newbie to this and I haven't even fired this rifle yet in its present condition. I had to run out tonite to Gander Mountain and get some taller scope mounts for it. I was actually hopin maybe one of the members here was experienced and could offer some tips for us

do alot of reading at rimfirecentral.com do a google search for 10/22's theres probly 1000s of webpages about them

including the cost of the original 10/22 Magnum....yer lookin at a $1000 rifle in my pic....and theres still more I could do lol. Although the only parts left from the original gun right now are the receiver and bolt.

It's just a toy....a rather exspensive one that couldve been done cheaper but it wasnt......hopefully it shoots well haha

maybe I'll make it out and see if it'll kill a coyote before the warm weather gets here

I like your gun. I just finished mine about a month ago I have some pics on my webpage below. i have a Hornet stock, butler creek barrel, Hornet custom trigger kit and a 4 X Marline scope I had laying around. This thing will drive tacks. The next thing I will get later will be a .17 mach 2 barrel. I am waiting on the prices to come down some. :cheers:

bowhnntr 1, you will probably have trouble with the .17 Mach 2. There is not enough power there to work the action. Better read up on it on Rimfire Central before you make the purchase. I have had a bolt action Mach 2 for almost a year, now, and it is a pretty much worthless cartridge in my opinion. The .17 HMR is probably the ultimate .17 rimfire cartridge.

I will try to post pictures of my 10/22 when I get a chance.

Good hooting,

Longbeard

Great looking rifle. It doesn't look like you need much help. I have one that looks pretty much like yours except that it has a 3X9 compact AO Leupold sitting on top of it and my laminated stock has a different color pattern.

Just think for another couple hundred you can strip out the old bolt and go after market with it too. The only thing stock on mine is the action housing. I would have saved money if I had just bought a Browns Precision.

You did good, be proud of it!!!!!

I went to Susanville, Lassen College, Gunsmithing school in the 80's. You probably know more about these 10/22's than I do. I just bought the parts and read the directions and everything went together very easily.

I hope yours shoots as well as mine. I have the LR, maybe one of these days I'll work up a Mag.

Oldenuff,

What is do you mean exactly by changing out the bolt and what does it do for the rifle..

Got me curious here,

Oldnuff is a gunsmith, he can teach you alot!!!

I have a nice older one, but I stripped off some of the stuff, it used to look like a commando AR -15, except with a 50rd 10/22 clip hanging out underneath it, with a bi-pod, but now, it's just the folding stock, and flash suppressor. Still one of the best shooting guns I've ever bought. That gun has had over 25k rounds through it and is still going strong!!!!! :bb:

A new aftermarket set of springs in the bolt will make the firing pin strike the base of the case a little faster, and I do mean a very little bit faster. As long as the bolt is clean and there isn't anything gumming things up you will never be able to tell the difference. The best money you could spend on that rifle now is more ammo to shoot.

One big hint to everyone in here "Never put WD40 on any firearm for any reason." WD40 was designed to displace water. It will turn to a gummy sludge after awhile. When it's on the outside of a firearm it will either wear off or get wiped off and you will never have a problem. When it penetrates to the inside of the bolt or other nooks and crannies you won’t have a problem right away, but a few months down the line if you do not strip and clean the bolt and action, the crap turns to muck and your rifle will begin malfunction. Usually it will start not feeding right or not ejecting properly. WD40 makes smiths a lot of money.