Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jazz Dv150, New Black DV150
Rick Gray
post Dec 26 2010, 03:17 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 7,596

I did not see any information here on hags about the black dv150 just some mentions of it. I bought one a couple of months ago and just got to playing around with it and setting it up to be used for a camera build. I was able to swap out the lens with the bb233 lens and get it roughly focused (need to fine tune it). The original lens is just glued on and I was able to pull it off by hand. There was not enough room to put the exchanger in the case. It might be possible if the SD card holder was removed and mounted externally or in the battery compartment. I just soldered to the buttons on themselves to do the modifications but there is a jack that could be used instead but will be some tight soldering. Since this is the only one that I have I figured I would stick to the easy soldering and there would be less chance of damage.

Pros: It is easy to swap out the Lens for the IR conversion. the original is glued on with weak glue and is easy to remove. The camera is readily available from amazon and ebay for around $30. Camera turns on and is ready to go in about 2 seconds. Can use a 8 gig card.

Cons: No date or time for files. Trying to read files from SD card reader does not work very well. I would have to run chkdsk to clean up errors on the disk that windows xp did not like. Pulling files from the usb port works great never have any problems that way. More than likely will need to purchase another camera just to pull files from (I should not have to hack it just something to swap files to the computer).

I got a white DV150 build that I will be getting to here shortly that I bought from Predator_1 so I am planning to hook up the BF board to just see if it can control this black one also. Sorry I did not take any pictures of the inside. I had misplaced my good camera for taking pictures and did not find it for a few days. I did post some pictures of the camera and a rough focus picture from the camera. I just figure what I have here is more information than was available before.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Rick Gray
post Dec 31 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Well I got the new jazz hooked up to the bigfoot board and it is working. Here is a video of it being controlled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSHai7bMIIw

I did not hook up the ground wire and Treetop would need to say if he thinks that it would work as it does on the white jazz. If he is checking for voltage/power on the shutter wire it should work just fine hooking the ground up to the board and if it did not shut off then the bf board would know.

This post has been edited by Rick Gray: Dec 31 2010, 04:14 PM

peanut
post Dec 31 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #3

Hag's House VIP

Group: Hag's House VIP
Member No.: 5,620

Good work Rick. It looks to be a little faster than the white jazz.

bowgod02
post Dec 31 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #4

Dang you johnnydeerhunter

Member No.: 4,111

That looks great. Have you taken any IR videos yet?

Rick Gray
post Jan 1 2011, 06:55 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

no IR video yet. I had a array hooked up once and it appeared to be picking up the IR pretty well. Since I have not done a white Jazz yet I really have no comparison. I was going to do the white jazz first but I am thinking that I am going to use this in the build first and just use the bf board instead of building my own board.

This started out as an experiment just to see if it could do it since I already had the camera and the board. Now it will just end up being a build.

bowgod02
post Jan 1 2011, 07:45 AM
Post #6

Dang you johnnydeerhunter

Member No.: 4,111

Those were pretty cheap when I seen them in the store the last time. I think they were on clearance in Big Lots.

Rick Gray
post Jan 1 2011, 12:27 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

From the looks of it the 151 and 152 look almost the same so I would expect them to be usable also. Maybe they screwed on the lens in those models. I think that if I had dropped the 150 that I bought the lens would have came loose or fallen off. It took almost no force to remove the lens. The 150 I have seen in red and black which should be just a case color and I would not expect that they changed any hardware. I'll post the build once I am finished in the jazz section.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 09:07 AM