Lighted nocks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

araz2114 Nice setup. Actually the method AEH used is not difficult. I don't use shrinkwrap but use epoxy and do stuff a little different however I've built a dozen or more and have found them simple, quick and easy to build.

• 1 year later...

Wow this is a great homebrew do it yourself idea. The video link does still work & I am headed to wally world right now to get some of the bobbers. Thanks guys!

Edited by Downsouth

Seems walmart doesnt carry um anymore.........not on their website either. Lindy Nite-brite battery replacement is the item. Found um several places online for $3-4 tho.

Edited by Downsouth

• 2 weeks later...

Downsouth

I searhed the net last night and could not find the night bright lights. Do you have a link where they are for sale?

Well never mind guys, I went to my local Wal Mart this morning and they had them. Had to thumb thru them, they had both types twist and push pull for on off. Got Lucky....

Just want to add a note here, be CAREFULL not to drill too big I lost a shot at a 150+ 10point last year because my nock exploded when I released, all I seen was that little battery light fly up up in front of my face, needless to say I have given up on this option, it may work 99 out of 100 but I lost out on a 15 yd shot because of it.

Just My 2 cents

Just want to add a note here, be CAREFULL not to drill too big I lost a shot at a 150+ 10point last year because my nock exploded when I released, all I seen was that little battery light fly up up in front of my face, needless to say I have given up on this option, it may work 99 out of 100 but I lost out on a 15 yd shot because of it.

Just My 2 cents

Hey 79

Thanks for the Heads up. I know that shot made you sick. Opportunities like that are rare! How many lbs were you pulling on your bow? Was your bow a cross bow or compound? I will insure I use plenty of epoxy to beef things up and test fire it many times prior to seasons opening.

It made me sick reading your post. I have only had 2 oppertunites like that in my lifetime. I scored once. I'm 50 now! Dont have many like that left. I figure 2 more on the outside odds. Yep I just flat out missed the first one! BIG BUCK FEAVER. I was 33 at the time and had just taken up bow hunting 3 years prior. I even had a few under my belt but nothing like what I was looking at @ 30 yards. I have to admit I was shaking a little to much!

• 1 year later...
Illegal to use in PA. Others might want to double check their regs too.

I know this is an old post but Lighted nocks are not Illegal in the State of PA. Any type of lighting that cast a beam onto the animal like a laser that you can put on a gun is Illegal. A lighted nock does not cast a beam onto the animal. It shows you where your shot is on impacted in low light time of the day.

I have been using lighted nocks for a few years now and even been checked G C and have not had any trouble with them.

On another note. I use to use the Burt Lomiunocks till I noticed that the wires were cracking my carbon arrows. Since then I started making my own. Since I shoot FOBs I make my lighted nocks so the nock and the FOB pops off on the pass through.

Check it out at Archerytalk.com

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.p...ocks&page=5

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...