I bought a couple kits using the XLP board..........how does it stack up to the Pixle the SSS or the yetti? I am new to this .But having fun. One of the above mentioned that they didnt know why the XLP had such a narrow field of view and was the wrong focal length for that PIR...........What were they trying to tell me??? Did I buy the wrong things here. I hope not again. Thanks Drop

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know much about the XLP or have I heard any reviews on that board.

If you were to offer me 10 Pix LE boards or 1 SSS or ! yeti .......... It would be a tough decision ..........

......... on which board, the SSS or the YETI ............. you would have to pay me money as well as give me the 10 PIX boards before I would take them.

Your liable to open a huge can of worms asking that, lol.

IMO, most boards out are really good. I think a lot of it is preference to certain features each has. Service is also very important in the purchase of a board and there are some great people here who are very helpful in troubleshooting probs with their boards.

I eat worms all the time lol. Yep, most will work sorta OK, but Yeti and SSS are tops in my book right now.

Testing my XLP kit this weekend but wont know for a few weeks. I do know if you have any questions or need help daryl from whitetail supply is real fast in responding thats a plus in my book.

Strut&Rut & Drop,

Let us know how the XLP works out.

I have used both the SSS and Yeti. I can tell you that they are both wonderful units! The guys building them are also top notch guys. I have called both of them and emailed them a host of questions and both guys have always gotten back to me right away. I have even had to send one back to Yeti because I messed it up :o . He offered to fix it for me and I sent it back to him. This was way above and beyond what he needed to do. :)

My 2 cents worth.

I have 1 XLP out now and 1 kit here waiting for 2 camera's to arrive. I am building them on the p32 camera. But the 3rd camera is undedicated. An I am just wondering what to do with it. No hurry. I do know that Daryl is great to work with. And as stated that is one of the biggest plus's in my book. Not really looking to get away frop XLP just wanting to know what else is out there and opinion's of. You know how us newbie's are.

Sorry to be a pest guys........... In my kit I used a flash enhanser for my p32 it is set up IR with Daryl's kit you can just pop out the IR flash lens. However I used the flash enhancer . This made it that much thicker therefore it rests against the pipe through the case and I cant just pop it out . Thinking about trying to bend thu pipe up just enough to provide that clearance. Is the flash on the 32 powerful enough to eliminate the flash enhancer. I or shuold I just pre bend the pipe a little before I install the next one. Thanks in advance Drop

One of the above mentioned that they didnt know why the XLP had such a narrow field of view and was the wrong focal length for that PIR...........What were they trying to tell me???

HMMMMMMMMM Maybe just buy from them ?? :rolleyes:

As for the IR circle you can always mount them from the outside too . Just use black silicone around the edges to block out the white flash .

I have dealt with Pixcontroller for many years and had great success with the product as well as service. I have had a couple customers send me SSS to hook up and have had great results with them while testing. Pix and SSS have been in business for at least 4 years now. I am sure you will not go wrong with either of them. The others I know less about.

I am sure you are going to get lots of different answers based on people's loyalty with their product.

I have never used a Big foot , Yeti , SSS , BG1 , BG2 or any other board for that matter . I would be happy to test them and let you know what I think :rolleyes:

Any suckers ..... I mean takers ?

:o I haven't used any of those either.. anyone can send me their extra's to test... :unsure: