aaron asked for a part for a cam he was having problems with and we got on the subject and someone asked what we had well I was just finishing mine up So I took a few pics Basically it uses a

P41

Grub box

1/4 plexi glass a

eva foam

2 pushbutton switches

pt1100 tape

blue plastic electrical box

30mm uv filter

I had all the stuff laying around and bet it could be made for 15 bucks or so

Not sure how it will work it really doesnt wiegh all that much Its all in one and mounts to the bow by the stabilizer To turn it on press the red pushbutton to take a picture or movie press the black pushbutton

Gonna try a p41 then maybe a s600 later

Now Ill have proof of all the turkey misses Maybe even some deer in the fall Should be pretty cool to try out

Whatcha guys think?

link to the box http://cgi.ebay.com/WAXWORM-SPIKE-GRUB-GET...VQQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mostly to back up my stories with little movies You know like the one where I went out turkey hunting with three arrows and had to quit because I ran out and shot one of the arrows twice. Or the one I kilt with my 3rd shot at him No one believes me now Ill be able to prove it

I see him reading this so Bite me Butch Beatcha

Edited by treetop

Pretty slick idea. I just ordered two of the bait boxes to give it a try. Three weeks till turkey season, so I'm hoping to have some footage to share too. Hopefully not of the missing kind... :huh:

Looking at your pics treetop, whats the red thingamajig in the first post under the P41?

Red thingy is pt1100 tape Buckboy did us right when he found that stuff I use it for lots of stuff

lol....I feel like an idiot. I have the stuff right here in front of me too. I thought it must be some flux capacitor or something like that..... :blush:

Si BRILLIANT !! Like in the beer commercial. :P I knew there was a reason I used a p41 just needed you to figure it out for me

This thread has just been marked in my Favorites. Excellent idea! I love it, gonna do it. I have a light for my bow... http://www.hawglite.com It fits in the stabilizer. A nightime movie of a pig gettin' stuck would be awesome.

Cap

Edited by CaptNasty

Have you tried the set-up yet? I've been playing around with something similar to this. I put a panasonic 3ccd mini dv cam on it. When you shoot, the picture goes out for just a second. That was before I added the doinker to try and reduce vibration. Haven't shot it this way yet. Hope to get back at it soon.

post-533-1175991778_thumb.jpg

Edited by greystoke

Greystoke,

Do you have a pic of that mounted on the bow with the camera?

Treetop,

Have you tried shooting the bow yet while filming? I'm thinking about using a couple rubber gaskets in between the bow and stabilizer for vibration and noize reduction. Maybe adding a limbsaver on the mount?

Edited by bowgod02

Limbsaver (Sims) does make a stabilizer enhancer that would work if you want to put it on your stabilizer. Anything like this would work: http://www.limbsaver.com/Products/Archery/...r_Enhancer.aspx

I'm going to need to leave my stabilizer alone because I mount my light in it. I'll have to make a bracket that sticks out to the side. So, it may have to be a backet theat has a hole in it that the light or stabilizer can screw through.

Grey, please show us pics....I'm really curious about this.

Cap

Coyotebandit has some bowfishing video from his when he sees this I am sure he will put a link up for us His does pretty good with the shock of the bow