? For The Smart People And Suppliers

How does one determine the "pitch" on ribbon cables? I assume pitch is the same as with the molex connectors, but I'm not positive how to measure it.

My reasoning: I want to buy some ribbons for the W cams and have no clue how to tell them what I want. Out of further curiosity, has anyone looked into the cost on these? It seems odd we have them for a p32/41/43/52 and S40 but not for any of the W cams. Figure there has to be a reason, and most likely its because of cost.

is there a place to use a shutter ribbon on say a w55 ?????.............that sure would make the hack so much easier...

I have to check with the meter to see which one of the ribbons can be used. There is the one by the "mode" wheel and one on the other side of the shutter board. I believe its the one by the mode wheel. I plan to check sometime this weekend to be sure.

I put the meter on the shutter and power solder tabs and ran the other lead across the ribbons. Unfortunately the one with 8 or so straight lands was not the right one. Here is a picture of the one we would have to use. I didn't mark the exact pads because I didn't pay much attention to which ones were which.

Just what are you trying to do now Tony? It appears that you want to do a fast hack using a ribbon cable versus soldering onto the shutter/power buttons, If this is the case I'm not sure if it would work the same as say the p41's, The connections points on the camera ribbon would be covered up by the replacement ribbon and you would lose your cameras ability to be used as a stand alone unit. Unless both sides of the ribbon were exposed so a contact spot would be made to the mother board and also the cameras main ribbon cable, I just figured I would point this out before you did any more leg work on this.

boss Hog

yep, i thought about that already. The other concern is thickness. Not sure a ribbon could even fit in there with another ribbon unless it was very very thin.