I am going to rebuild some of my cams and take them out of the walmart boxes and put them in pelicans. I got some of the seals from BF. I have never used them before. My ? is how do i use them? Press them in or glue them in or what?

Thanks alot

John

I spread superglue in about 3/4" long spots every about every inch and around all 4 corners. I tried little dabs of goop but I always make a mess with it. I also start pressing the rope on what will be the bottom of the case and work my way around. Just in case I don't get them butted together tight enough. I haven't had a leak yet, but they have only been in 3 days of rain, so I'm not an expert on them.

My seals are a little larger or thicker than the other seals available and do require a little more effort to get them in but the result is one tight fit when finished. They almost have to be worked in. I do this with no camera in the case and put a small dab of goop( I prefer goop so it holds only after it sets) in the slot say every 2 inches at the seam and on each corner, I start at the bottom and work it in starting going around the inside edge, this way you can actually close the case and help press the inside edge in as you are working it in place. Once its all in I close the case latch it and wait a minute or so Then double check If all is good let it sit for a half hour or so cclosed. At this time the goop is somewhat set and I can rub any excess right off with my thumb and friction.

I have used clear silicone but what I like best is auto weather strip adhesive in the small tube with small applicator tip !

Use a very small amount ! Bob :rolleyes: