trying to get the 32 with my 425 to trigger for the second pic at 5 seconds.

How's this sound....hook the speaker wires up to an opto for shutter. this will trigger the shutter within 5 seconds of the first event if the animal is still there. The speaker wires are tied to the pir and power up on every event, this will trigger the shutter before the 10 sec. shutdown and take a pic.

Haven't hooked it up yet but have shorted across the shutter opto and it will take a pic before shutdown. Have counted out 7 seconds before shorting and the pic is downloaded before shutdown, so it appears that it would work, the 425 takes 5 seconds to trigger the second event.

The cam turns on first with the refresh so it should make no difference which opto is the first to shutter the first picture, the second pic would be triggered with the pir through the speaker wires.

This is using the first chips that don't have the 30 delay after shutdown.

cliff

Edited by wildebeast

Huh!

How will you keep the PIR from shuttering continually if hooked up to the speaker wires around the control of the chip?

Shouldn't matter if the pir registers an event every 5 seconds, it's hooked up seperate from the chip. The chip should still shut the cam down in 10 seconds and then ready to take another pic. All I'm doing is triggering the shutter on every event, even if it's less than 10 seconds.

My only concern is if the cam can download the pic before the 10 second shutdown. Have tested and it will at 7 seconds so there is only a 2 or3 second span.

With a 64 mg card it takes only 4 to 5 seconds for the 32 to be ready to take another picture, I'm just squeezing in another pic if I can for the trails.

cliff

How's about using the double pic mode? That way there's no problem with the timing of writing the 2nd pic and camera shutoff.

You'll end up with a few empty 2nd pics, but with a digital that's not a major problem.

I thought of that Arch, but if you shut the board of and then on it will default back to single pic mode. I don't use the mode button or led from Brian's chip so would be hard to set up everytime I turned it off ond on.

Would it be a problem for the opto if both signals hit at the same time on the power side? They would both be 5 volts with a 10 resistor. If it doesn't change the voltage I think I will hook one up and test it.

On elk, the bull is usually in the back so I have to get a lot of pics so I don't miss him.

cliff

Probably be easier for me to code you a shorter delay and hard code the double pic for you.

Can you program the shut down for the 32 for only 4 seconds that gives me a leeway of one second, or would 5 seconds be better. What else would have to be changed on the chip for the cam to take a pic at shutdown of 5 seconds? can the delay be set at 0 so the cam will take a pic as soon as shutdown?

cliff